Enabling mobile subscribers use their mobile ID to access leading OTT media Apps
DUBLIN, IRELAND, June 9, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Vennetics, an innovator of telecommunications and IT applications, has today announced the live deployment of its Identity & Access Platform (IAS) supporting automatic mobile network authentication for leading OTT media Apps.
Commenting on the deployment, Kieran Dalton, Chairman of Vennetics said: “Subscription Video on Demand and Subscription Music services are becoming increasingly ubiquitous. In many developed markets, the penetration of S-VoD and S-Music applications from one provider or another is circa 75%, and the consumption of this content is increasingly mobile. Globally we’ve seen mobile operators respond to these trends by bundling leading video and music services with their consumer price plans in order to enhance their service offering and meet their subscriber’s evolving entertainment needs.”
Dalton continued: “to date the sign up process to these partner subscription services has been a clunky experience for the end user. Vennetics IAS addresses this by enabling the subscriber to use their mobile credentials to access these OTT content apps.”
Vennetics IAS is an identity repository, designed to manage all types of cross-channel customer identity data, automatically maintaining security and privacy. IAS provides mobile operators with a single configuration point to specify which premium subscription services are included within specific price plans. The mobile operators content partners are presented with standard OAuth based integration points.
Using OAuth and other industry standand mechanisms Vennetics IAS allows subscribers on specific price plans to use their mobile credentials to authenticate and access the premium subscription services. This is achieved without exposing network resident customer data externally. Different subscribers can be provided with different levels of access to third party applications, based on their price plan profile. In this manner, the Vennetics IAS facilitates network operators in creating new and exciting customer driven propositions designed to delight and inspire their subscribers.
Mobile Subscriber Benefits:
1. Removes the need to create yet another customer profile with the third party application provider. The subscriber simply uses their mobile creditentials to access the service, so there’s no need to remember yet another username and password.
2. Removes the need to create a new billing relationship or make additional payments to a third party provider as this is done via the mobile operator.
3. The subscriber benefits from exclusive and relevant offers with popular online service that their mobile operator has negotiated on their behalf.
Mobile Operator Benefits:
1. Enables mobile operators to monetise OTT traffic on their networks.
2. Extends the operators brand to the partners App and delivers a real feeling of exclusitity to their subscribers.
3. Greatly enhances the overall user experience for the subscriber, and injects greater value into the subscribers Mobile Phone Number as a form of ID.
Vennetics is excited to be seeing live deployments including these type of solutions and anticipates further deployments in other markets, including cooperation with a wider set of premium OTT Internet services.
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire